Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What inspired me to write Gypsy Blood

I'm off the web for a while, but I'll leave this posting up. I'm working on my new book and don't know when I'll be back. Please have patience with me. I love you all and will let you know when I've got my days under control again.
Thank you for understanding.


Welcome readers and authors,

Thank you for being here with me today.

Let me tell you how I got my inspiration for my story, Gypsy Blood.

Once upon a time, a good friend, and author in her own right, insisted she treat me for my birthday. 

I won’t tell you which birthday, so don’t ask.



My friend took me to a quaint little restaurant where the food was scrumptious. Lo and behold, they had a gypsy fortuneteller seated at a table in the corner. Of course we indulged in both the food and having our fortunes told. The gypsy fascinated me and most of her predictions have come true. She nailed my lifestyle and my hopes. 
It was an interesting and fun birthday celebration. When I returned home, my thoughts stayed with the gypsy. Being an author, I love to take interesting characters, mix in a few troublemakers and plot story lines for them. This gypsy impressed me with her intelligence and her thoughtful chosen words, so I researched the gypsies of yore and found some very interesting reading. The Romany have such rich, colorful traditions, which I included in the book. Their mysticism and beliefs held me captive. I admit, I am often carried away with research.
                                                           Isn't every writer a research hound?


Hence, Rita Muldova came to life, a homicide detective of pure Roma blood, her mother a gypsy seer with great mystic powers        


Following today’s popular trend of many readers, I decided to use, and yes, add a little… well…okay, a lot of mysticism.



 What is a story without a love interest? I gave her a handsome hunk of a FBI agent from Voodoo City. Yum. My kind of guy.

 Her best friend on the force, Della, is a character unto herself. She has Rita’s back.

When I threw in an odd serial killer it turned into a heck of a wild ride.
  A fast paced read for all you paranormal/romance/thriller readers out there.          
Try it, I think you’ll enjoy the ride.
Lorrie.


Excerpt
.Detective Rita Moldova peeked around the corner to make sure the hallway was empty. Making a quick right turn, she slipped into the autopsy lab to have a few minutes alone with the body. She tucked her white shirt tighter into her jeans and zipped her windbreaker to stay warm in the chilly room. The harsh odor of formaldehyde hit her nostrils and stung her throat.
Her heart twisted at the sight of the young, auburn-haired woman lying on the stainless steel table. A white sheet covered her to the navel; bruises blemished the once pretty face. Contusions marred the pallid skin from elbow to shoulder. The gash on the front of her neck gaped, exposing open veins and torn tissue.
Rita flipped her thick, dark braid back over her shoulder, snapped on one latex glove, leaned over the corpse, and peeled back an eyelid. In her bare hand, she clasped a star-shaped crystal hanging from the gold chain around her neck, an endowment from her maternal Roma bloodline. The crystal heated in her palm, warm energy pulsing up her arm to her shoulder. The face captured in the victim’s eye coalesced and stared back. Rita drew in a sharp breath. Bobby Driscoll! She had known him since high school, and now he worked as a uniform in her precinct. What the hell was going on?


Check my website or write to me for more info and the reviews.
Gypsy Blood is now available in e-book format at Amazon
Other links

Leave me a howdy in the comment box if you were here. I love comments.







No comments:

Post a Comment