Wednesday, January 2, 2013

INTERVIEW WITH KAY LALONE

Hi Kay,

Welcome to Flowers and Thorns.

Since this is the first time you are on my blog, let's do an interview so we can get to know you better.

 
  1. Tell us about Ghostly Clues, and how the story came to be.

 
Ghostly Clue is about an almost 13 year old girl, Sarah Kay, who has just lost her grandmother.  Her grandmother has something she wants Sarah Kay to know. So Grandma’s ghost leaves ghostly clues for Sarah Kay and her friend Mary Jane to follow. This story came about from a ghostly experience I had when I was about Sarah Kay’s age. One night shortly after my grandma passed away, I saw a ghost hand crawl up on my bed and take the doll I had been sleeping with. That memory has haunted me and I wanted to add that experience to a story. So I did.

 

  1. What three words best describe your main character?

 
          Curious, Loving, and friendly.

 

  1. What are three things your main character would never have in his/her pocket?

 
           Sarah Kay would never carry a pocket knife, dirt, or anything slimy. She’s not a tomboy. But she would carry around a mystery book.

 

 
     4.    What types of books do you like to read?

 

I have always loved to read mysteries and ghost stories. Now that supernatural and paranormal books are popular, I love to read those types too.

 

  1. What do you like to do when you aren’t writing?

 

When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my family. I like to watch movies, read, and camp. My husband and I love to go to auctions and collect antique toys and things. We love selling things at the fleamarkets here in Michigan.
 

                                          
 
   6.  What’s next for your writing? Are you working on a new story?

 

I have several writing projects in the works. And plan on finishing most of those stories in 2013. Currently, I am finishing up a YA novel, Family Secret, that I will be sending to MuseItUp.

 

  1. Where can readers find you and your books?
 
 
 

 

My website is www.kaylalone.weebly.com my blog is www.kaylalone.blogspot.com  author page on facebook is https://facebook.com/#!/ghostlyclues

 


 

Or at amazon.com
 
 
Great having you here today, Kay, and thanks for the interview. I love the cover of your book. If your YA youngsters like a good paranomal read, this is the book for them.
 
Leave Kay a comment, we'd love to hear from you.

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Good to meet another MG/YA writer from MuseItUp.

    The experience you had as a child with the ghostly hand might have been scary, but you've made the most of it with your book. Congratulations on the release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing premise.
    That would've had me jumping out of my skin--a hand on the bed. Great inspiration for you!
    Good luck with the book.
    Cheers, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the ghostly hand was a great inspiration from my wild imagination.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are working on more projects. Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always working on something. Just need to learn when to stop revising and let it go.

      Delete
  4. Ghostly Clues sounds really interesting, Kay! I love how inspiration works, although we don't always recognize it at the time.

    Best of luck to you, and nice to meet you!

    Julie
    fellow Muse author/editor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lorrie for having me on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun having you. I love the concept of your book. Come back again soon.

      Delete
  6. Oh, dear Kay, what a frightening experience for you as a 13 year old...gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. No wonder you remember that. I'm sure the memory has been swirling in your brain for so many years. So glad it took shape in this new book. Congrats on your new release. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete